Friday, November 28, 2014

The Christmas Tree.....


We used to have a nice artificial Christmas tree that we always set up the day after Thanksgiving. Somehow, it got lost in the shuffle of moving and we didn't end up with it here in Baku. It probably ended up in storage. So Barry and I went to a market called Sederak as we had been told we could find a fake tree there. WOW! The place was SOOOO big! There was a lot of stuff....and a lot of dirt...and there were trees....but one place wanted 200 manat for a tree! I wasn't willing to pay that, I personally would rather make a tree using green construction paper! But luckily for us there were SEVERAL artificial tree stores there and we found one a bit more reasonable....for 90 manat we got a very nice looking fake tree that actually was MUCH easier to put together than the one we had in the states. Only 3 parts....the top, the middle, and the bottom! Nice! We also found some nice suitcases for our upcoming Christmas adventure. We got 2 small suitcases for the kids and 1 medium size one for me ALL for 40 manat. Not bad....and then I found 2 hats that came with scarves as well both for 10 manat and we got the kids hats too for 4 manat for both. We finished shopping around 2pm and the kids get out of school around 3 so we had a little bit of time to stop at the "Terrace" restaurant right next to their school for a cup of tea. Then we got the kids and headed home to decorate. I think we did a great job! Oh we also got the lights (2 boxes for 4 manat) and the star tree topper (I think it was 3 manat) today as well. The kids loved helping put the tree up, lights, ornaments and it looks good. A perfect Azerbaijani tree for the Craft family. Here are the pics in the wrong order.....I tried to fix the order, can't figure out how to do that on the blog though....
 Time for tea after getting the tree....
 Ready to find a tree.....
 Our tree came from this store.....
 I get the medium blue suitcase and Ty gets the little blue one and Grace the little red one. The hats and scarves are next to them. I'll take pics of those on me later....
 Daddy and Ty putting the star on the tree.....a teary moment for me...can't do this ever without thinking of Timmy in A Christmas Carol....am I the only one?
 Got the bottom and the middle fluffed out...now for the top while Grace unwraps our ornaments and Ty plays with the beads.....
 Grace and Ty really like the tree.
 This strange car we followed to the school....what the heck is on top of this car?
 Barry got a close up as I drove past it.
 The tree is finished and looking good.....the present underneath are some Gracie has been working on for weeks now.....for mommy, daddy, and tyler....she has been creating away using tons of recyclable materials from our trash lol....her teachers would be sooo proud!
 Another finished tree pic.
 Mommy helping with the beads and the lights....the kids did a great job on the ornaments and spreading them out perfectly mostly by themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment