Sunday, November 2, 2014

More Halloween Pics from Baku

Halloween in Baku! 
Halloween started early this on on a Thursday evening after school. We headed up to the Embassy for a "Fall Festival" where many of the Embassy employees set up several different Halloween games and stations for the kids to play. We found coloring activities as well as a shoot the zombie game and a eye ball spoon race. They had candy and popcorn as well as treats. Tyler decided to wear his pirate costume and Grace decided to be Hermione.  It was fun for everyone. The very next day the school let the kids wear their costumes to school. Both Grace and Ty decided to be Harry and Hermione. They had fun. I stayed for the day and had coffee with another mom and then met with the assistant principal about possibly substituting. After seeing my resume she wanted to know if I'd be interested in a special ed job they have. I said no, I came to be here for the kids and the hours would have us looking for child care again with weekly staff meetings. Nothing will happen anytime soon. Paperwork for a work permit takes 10 weeks! Anyway, after that I went to Ty's class and helped the kids make cool bats and have a special snack we brought. Then I had lunch with Grace and soon after that it was time to go home. We had a quick dinner and we were off to trick or treating. Many of the the kids who go to school with them live in the houses next to the school. The houses were decorated and for an evening you could easily forget you weren't in a 3rd world country. The kids dressed as teenage mutant ninja turtles (Tyler as Michelangelo and Grace as Leonardo) and I got in the spirit too as Cat in the Hat. The kids loved trick or treating by school and running into all of their friends. Afterwards we headed home to check out our stash. We gave Ty's candy to Grace and filled his bucket back up with candy we had ready for him that was peanut free so everyone was happy. As we headed for bed Daddy dressed up in his skater/goth gear and headed out to a work Halloween party. The next day Barry and I spent the day making mini pizzas for our own neighborhood party. Barry made a homemade pizza sauce and I got the dough and cheese ready to go and manned the tiny oven we have. Then Daddy and Grace carved one pumpkin and painted another that daddy found out in town that actually smelled like a mix between cucumbers and squash while they were carving it. Tyler and Grace went back to their Harry Potter costumes again and had fun running around playing with the neighborhood kids at the subdivision's clubhouse. There was a ton of food and friends. Afterwards each family sent one parent home to pass out candy and one parent went trick or treating with the kids. I volunteered to go home as did Ty. Yet another way we are alike. Grace went trick or treating with daddy and we had just one large group come altogether. It was a fun weekend but I am all Halloweened out and ready to move on to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then the twins birthday which we have to plan soon as mail takes awhile. Here are some of my fav pics from the past few days events......
 Mommy as Cat in the Hat and Gracie and Ty as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ready to go 
trick or treating Friday night.
 Tyler AKA Michelangelo ready to go trick or treating.
 Grace AKA Leonardo in the car ready to go trick or treating Friday night.
 Posting with some decorations at the subdivision by the kids school where we went trick or treating Friday night.
 Grace showing off her loot after trick or treating Friday night.
 As the kids and I head to bed, Daddy is off to an adult Halloween party as a skater dude/goth Friday night.
 Saturday morning Grace and daddy look on the internet for pumpkin carving ideas.
 Ty wanted nothing to do with pumpkin carving so he took some time to play on his itouch and I worked on the pizzas.
 The finished pumpkins.
 We curled Gracie's hair and her and Ty got ready in their Harry Potter gear.
 Grace figuring out which glow in the dark bracelets she'll wear.
 Barry Saturday night at the party in our neighborhood with another mom who dressed up. I took the night off from dressing up.
 Grace and Ty and some neighborhood friends Ryan and Pippa.
Daddy posing with the witch that scared the daylights out of Ty the entire time we were at the party. he wouldn't go near her and yet kept staring at it.
The end of the party just before trick or treating. One of the games for the kids was decorating the kids as mummies using toilet paper. The kids then used the mess as a playground throwing toilet paper at each other and one girl decided to make a toilet paper/snow angel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment