Thursday, June 18, 2015

End of the First Year and First Grade School Work


Grace and Ty have worked hard this year and have really enjoyed school. Both improved in Reading and are quite the artists! Here is some of their work that was sent home yesterday! It was neat to read about their different views about the hamster dying and how they talked about it in just one sentence and then other things right after. What a difference a year makes in their writing. Last year in Kindergarten nothing like this came home. This year you can truly see their personality in their writing and their illustrations.
 Grace's journal entry: My favorite book I read this year was "Office Spence makes no sense" by Dan Gutman. It is funny and interesting and great.
 Grace decided to draw the painting Gma Parsons painted of Pablo Picasso's Guernica.
 Grace's journal entry after our winter vacation: "On my holiday I saw my Grandma and Grandpa. I flew on a plane. I got a new camera. I was happy that I spent time with my mother. "
 Grace's Journal Entry: If I were a pirate I would do nothing because pirates are cruel and bad and steal stuff. So I would not want to  be a pirate. And they are extinct like the dinosaurs. Plus there is no such thing as a good pirate. Only bad pirates. I would rather be a ____ than a pirate. One more thing pirates are not real and pirates like are not rich and I would not like to see one and I would not like to walk the plank.
 Grace's journal entry: If I were a superhero I would be kind and nice. I would help people and be strong. I would help the police and I would be very helpful and help the animals. I would be very good at making things like mobiles and I would do good deeds.
 Grace's journal entry.
 Grace's journal entry. On the weekend I was sad because my hamster died. It was AJ. I read 2 books. I played with my dads soccer and football too. I played with my brother house. I went to another house with my family.
 Grace's journal entry: On my weekend I had fun with my hamsters. I went shopping with my mom. I did facetime with my two grandmas. I saw a grasshopper.
 Grace's journal entry: On my holiday I had chicken pox. I learned how to do math. I watched the lego movie. I helped my dad cook chicken. I watched Karate Kid yesterday.
 Grace's journal entry from our winter break trip to Vienna/Prague. Love the airplane pic....sorry it's upside down...
 Grace's very first journal entry at school. On the weekend I took a drive around Azerbaijan. And one of my friends came over to play and I went to the store.
 Grace learning about kiwi fruit and plants at school.
 Grace and her friend at school learning about 3D shapes.
 Grace's 3D shape.
 Grace and daddy during one of the open houses showing daddy her portfolio. 
 Grace actually made this project at home as her class was studying recycling and brought it to school to share with her classmates.
 After learning about symmetry Grace drew the other half of her school picture.
 Grace's school picture this year.
 An entry in Grace's portfolio.
 Grace and her teacher working on a project from the book "It Looked Like Spilt Milk"
Grace learning about symmetry. She completed the other half of this tiger.
 Grace working on math at school.
 Grace at school.
 Ty's journal entry: On Sunday we went to Mr. Dan's house. He has boys named Ethan, Adam, Max and I forgot the baby's name but we played.
 Tyler's journal entry: My name is Tyler and I hate school. It was Sunday and I played RCT 4 (roller coaster tycoon 4) on the special phone (an itouch) and AJ died and is in heaven with God and Jesus.
 Tyler's journal entry. Sorry it's upside down.
 Tyler's portfolio entry.
 Tyler and daddy at open house.
 A very early on journal entry of Tyler's. He is funny. He loves me. He is my favorite caterpillar. (He actually has a stuffed animal that looks just like this one he drew.)
 Another very early looks like his first journal entry this year. "On our holiday, we went to Disney World Animal Kingdom and rode Expedition Everest"
 A much more recent journal entry of Tyler's dates this past May:
Guess what? Were on the last book of My Weird School. Mrs. Crup cracks me up. The kids are A.J., Michael, Emily, Ryan, Andrea, and Neil. And Mrs. Daisy.
 Another journal entry of Tyler's. On Sunday we played with our hamsters Nibbles and AJ Michael Ryan. We looked at them and pet them. They fight a lot.
 Another early journal entry of Tyler's back in January. On Tuesday we went to Sidney and Samuel's house.
 A recent journal entry of Tyler's from June. On Sunday I played with my Peppa Pig train and George and Peppa and Rebecca. They are in dinosaur, cupcake, and a rocket. (He has this toy that looks just like his drawing.)
 Here is a pic of Ty after the class had an assignment to write about the steps involved in making a sandwich. If you look at his face you can tell he clearly didn't care for the ingredients. LOL
 Another journal entry from Tyler from March (they write their dates differently here with the day first then the month then the year). On Sunday Annika came to our new house. We played school. We learned the ABC's. I was the teacher.
 Tyler's new year's resolution goal. This year I want to be better at karate.
 A computerized pic of Ty.
 A pic in Tyler's portfolio.
 A pic of the puppet show Ty made for his portfolio.
Tyler completed his school pic after learning about symmetry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment