Monday, October 13, 2014

Lahic Mountain Trip



Some people we met here invited to a place called Lahic this past weekend. It is a town about 3 hours away from Baku. Near the end of the trip the road was curving around a mountain and then turned into a one lane winding road. I was so scared we were going to go over the edge! I was holding the door of the car pretty tightly. My fear of heights definitely got the best of me, meanwhile the kids were loving the ride saying it was like Indian Jones Adventure ride at Disney lol. The views were absolutely breathtaking. After settling into our room at the bed and breakfast there, we had a yummy dinner while the kids ran around like they owned the place with 4 friends from school. The next day, we went on a hike up the mountain. My asthma tried to get the best of me, but I wouldn't let it and I'm glad I didn't. We walked by a lot of animals like sheep and cows and I mean walked right next to them! Here are Grace and Ty checking out the view after a long hike up the mountain!
Grace and Ty checking out the view at the top. 

On the way up Grace found some calves and decided to take a picture. She loved being able to be so close to all of the animals.

Grace was taught chess for the first time on this trip! She caught on very quickly!

Here are 5 out of the 6 kids who were on the trip with us.

While the parents got a drink of water, the kids still had plenty of energy at the top of the mountain and played freeze tag, red light green light, and silly mr. fox.

The windy road up to the bed and breakfast.

Our room.

Ty loving the horse swing at the bed and breakfast.

Ty taking in the view at the top of the mountain.

The valley on the drive up the mountain rode.

No comments:

Post a Comment